This is an announcement from Admiral and Cork300 Chairman, Colin Morehead, regarding cancellations and postponments of Cork300 events planned for June and July.…
Archive | LatestRSS feed for this section
Following on from our last update on March 15th, you will all be acutely aware that the Coronavirus situation continues to evolve. We want to further assure you that the Cork300 committee is actively monitoring the national and global situation while considering guidance from the Irish Government, HSE, Irish Sailing and other experts. As of now, The Royal Cork Yacht Club is fully committed to the exciting Cork300 schedule of events and is continuing to plan for them.
As sailors, we appreciate the time and expense invested in attending events and we want to assure you that our decision making will be pragmatic in this regard. In these uncertain times we are sensibly planning for a number of scenarios, all …
As the coronavirus situation evolves, we are actively monitoring the national and global situation and taking guidance from the Irish Government, HSE and Irish Sailing. The Royal Cork Yacht Club is fully committed to the exciting Cork300 schedule of events and is continuing to plan for them.
We want to reassure you that we will continue to closely monitor the situation and to review the plans for these events in line with updated health advice and guidance. We will at all times act in the best interests of public health and safety in an effort to play our part in the global efforts to contain the spread of the Coronavirus (Covid19).
Our paramount commitment is to the wellbeing of our …
The Royal Cork Yacht Club, the oldest yacht club in the world, has launched its prestigious Volvo Cork Week 2020 regatta, which will see hundreds of boats and thousands of yachtsmen and women from around the globe compete on the waters around Cork Harbour from July 13th – 17th.
This year’s Volvo Cork Week has extra special significance as it forms a key part of the Royal Cork Yacht Club’s historic ‘Cork300’ celebrations, marking what is the oldest yacht club in the world’s tricentenary.
The world-renowned biennial regatta is already attracting a bumper fleet of entries from all over the world including Monaco, Australia, Hong Kong and San Francisco. Famous boats already registered include the elegant 60ft gaff cutter ‘Thalia’*, …
We in the Royal Cork Yacht Club have teamed up with Sevenstar Yacht Transport to help with the logistics of transporting yachts and/or equipment to Volvo Cork Week 2020.
Sevenstar is the world leader in the transport of yachts and equipment all around the world, and has recently added the Racing Yacht Logistics division to specifically cater for the yacht racing community.
Sevenstar Racing Yacht Logistics will offer competitors a team of experts to advise on race yacht transport. They will also ship other essential racing equipment, including spares, masts and RIBs, making sure that teams are fully race-ready by the time the start gun goes off in Cork!
For more …
- Cork300 Events Impacted By Coronavirus Pandemic March 27, 2020
- Cork300 Update March 19, 2020
- COVID-19 Update March 15, 2020
- BEAUFORT CUP RETURNS TO CORK HARBOUR March 9, 2020
- Volvo Cork Week Amendments Make For Thrilling Schedule March 3, 2020
- Last Saturday announced our plans for Cork300. The celebrations to take place in 2020 to celebrate the 300th annive… https://t.co/otWm10nsFk 10 months ago
- Massive congratulations to Chris Bateman on winning the Junior Helmsmans trophy this weekend in schull representing… https://t.co/SMhJoGc5vI 11 months ago
- Good luck to Team Royal Cork Yacht Club in the last day of the Rolex New York Yacht Club Invitational Cup 🚩 The T… https://t.co/KCsA2Wh1T2 11 months ago
- Team Royal Cork With a 5th in race 7 of the Invitational Cup in New York - lighter conditions today 11 months ago
- Royal Cork Yacht Club have an impressive day 3 with a 5th and 1st in 22-25 knots of breeze in Newport. All to play… https://t.co/YjjmlnIxeV 11 months ago