A new chapter is being written for the Volvo Cork Week 2014 Regatta and included here is a quote from Adrian Yeates, Managing Diretor Volvo Car Ireland Ltd: “Cork Week has enjoyed a long and illustrious history, both on the Irish and international sailing calendar. Volvo Car Ireland, in conjunction with Johnson and Perrott Motor Group, is proud and delighted to add its name to this prestigious event. Volvo has invested heavily in the sailing arena over the years and Ireland benefitted greatly from the visit of the Volvo Ocean Race to Galway for the last two round the world races. Volvo Cork Week is the biggest sailing event to take place in Ireland in 2014 and next year will …
Archive | BlogRSS feed for this section
Following recent success in the 2014 Caribbean Race season where they picked up 3rd place in class in the RORC Caribbean 600 Global Yacht Racing will be back for Cork Week 2014 and are entering Cork Week 2014 onboard their successful Beneteau 47.7 with experienced skipper Andy Middleton.
A team of six is already confirmed and there are now crew places available onboard, if you want to join a friendly and committed crew then email firstname.lastname@example.org This is a fantastic opportunity for those looking to join a crew with minimum hassle and without having the large outlay and risk of charting. With training and all yacht costs included this is the perfect solution for individuals.
Global Yacht Racing is a …
High Performance Charters has been set up to provide a charter facility for the new and increasingly popular high performance sail boats, mainly in the 40-45 foot size.
They are fully aware of the requirements of a professionally based racing team who require a boat that is fully competitive and totally reliable, enabling them to put together a competitive and satisfying race program, without the capital outlay of buying their own boat.
High Performance Charters listings include Ker 40s, GP42, Mills 43, j111 and Farr 45s, they also offer luxury performance cruising motor boats and support vessels.
Boats available for every event in the UK and Ireland this season, and short term or long term charters are available.
Service includes …
Since 1978, sailors from Ireland and all over the world have enjoyed Cork Week. Ireland’s most prestigious regatta has evolved over the years, taking into consideration the changes within the sport but the sailing grounds in and around Cork Harbour have stayed the same. Cork Week offers a variety of courses from Atlantic wind and waves to the tricky tidal confines of Cork Harbour and the legendary ‘craic’ ashore, hosted by the Royal Cork Yacht Club, significantly adds to the fun.
Paul Heys of J Boats commented that “J Boats has just completed an excellent London Boat Show and we can definitely see a resurgence in demand for J Boats right across the range. The J/70 design is …
All results from the individual classes can be found on our results page here. There were some additional prizes also to be awarded at the prize giving these included ‘Boat of the Week’, ‘Irish Performance of the week’, ‘The Cobh Time Trial’, the ‘Sisk Corinthian Cup’ and the ‘Prix d’Elegance. Winners were up against the competition from the all classes at Cork Week 2012, the competition was fierce and the Race Management Team had a difficult job on their hand. See Table below for winners details.
Photo credits: Bob Bateman
- Cork300 Events Impacted By Coronavirus Pandemic March 27, 2020
- Cork300 Update March 19, 2020
- COVID-19 Update March 15, 2020
- BEAUFORT CUP RETURNS TO CORK HARBOUR March 9, 2020
- Volvo Cork Week Amendments Make For Thrilling Schedule March 3, 2020
- Last Saturday announced our plans for Cork300. The celebrations to take place in 2020 to celebrate the 300th annive… https://t.co/otWm10nsFk 6 months ago
- Massive congratulations to Chris Bateman on winning the Junior Helmsmans trophy this weekend in schull representing… https://t.co/SMhJoGc5vI 6 months ago
- Good luck to Team Royal Cork Yacht Club in the last day of the Rolex New York Yacht Club Invitational Cup 🚩 The T… https://t.co/KCsA2Wh1T2 7 months ago
- Team Royal Cork With a 5th in race 7 of the Invitational Cup in New York - lighter conditions today 7 months ago
- Royal Cork Yacht Club have an impressive day 3 with a 5th and 1st in 22-25 knots of breeze in Newport. All to play… https://t.co/YjjmlnIxeV 7 months ago