A reminder that there is not long left to avail of our early entry competition for Volvo Cork Week 2014, only 5 days left. The early entry competition ends next Wednesday the 30th at 17.00hrs and the winners will be announced on the 1st of May. A reminder of the prizes:1st Prize – Dinner for 10 including wine* in the Globe Restaurant during Volvo Cork Week 2014. *Prize includes 6 bottles of Club House Wine on an evening to be confirmed with Cork Week Event Coordinator. 2nd Prize – Your Volvo Cork Week 2014 Entry Fee will be refunded in full. 3rd Prize – We’ll kit out you and your crew with personalised Volvo Cork Week SLAM Polo Shirts…
Volvo Cork Week 2014 Race Committee are very pleased with the level of interest in both the new Coastal and Short Handed (total 2 crew) classes proposed this year.
Race day 1 of the event for all classes will be the Volvo Cork Week 2014 Harbour Race, which will quickly set the tone. This will be followed by up to two races per day of different formats, of the Windward/Leeward type courses.
For the Coastal and Short Handed fleets the legs will be longer, largely using outer harbour and other coastal marks, which should provide plenty of challenges to these competitors.
Race organisers will be contacting IRC competitors in early June to get their choice of division for these exciting …
Early entries for Volvo Cork Week are promising a wide variety of sailors and yachts coming to enjoy, Ireland’s longest running and most prestigious yachting regatta. Interest has been received from several high performance yachts from overseas and with Volvo Cork Week taking place just two weeks before the Brewin Dolphin Commodores’ Cup, competing teams are eyeing up Volvo Cork Week as an ideal training event for the country versus country competition. Half of the early entries for Volvo Cork Week are from Dublin Yacht Clubs, promising signs of a strong Irish presence, looking to take on well sailed overseas visitors.
Maurice ‘Prof’ O’Connell will be crew boss for the Grand Soleil 43, Quokka, at Volvo Cork Week. Quokka, co-skippered …
A new chapter is being written for the Volvo Cork Week 2014 Regatta and included here is a quote from Adrian Yeates, Managing Diretor Volvo Car Ireland Ltd: “Cork Week has enjoyed a long and illustrious history, both on the Irish and international sailing calendar. Volvo Car Ireland, in conjunction with Johnson and Perrott Motor Group, is proud and delighted to add its name to this prestigious event. Volvo has invested heavily in the sailing arena over the years and Ireland benefitted greatly from the visit of the Volvo Ocean Race to Galway for the last two round the world races. Volvo Cork Week is the biggest sailing event to take place in Ireland in 2014 and next year will …
Following recent success in the 2014 Caribbean Race season where they picked up 3rd place in class in the RORC Caribbean 600 Global Yacht Racing will be back for Cork Week 2014 and are entering Cork Week 2014 onboard their successful Beneteau 47.7 with experienced skipper Andy Middleton.
A team of six is already confirmed and there are now crew places available onboard, if you want to join a friendly and committed crew then email firstname.lastname@example.org This is a fantastic opportunity for those looking to join a crew with minimum hassle and without having the large outlay and risk of charting. With training and all yacht costs included this is the perfect solution for individuals.
Global Yacht Racing is a …
- Cork300 Events Impacted By Coronavirus Pandemic March 27, 2020
- Cork300 Update March 19, 2020
- COVID-19 Update March 15, 2020
- BEAUFORT CUP RETURNS TO CORK HARBOUR March 9, 2020
- Volvo Cork Week Amendments Make For Thrilling Schedule March 3, 2020
- Last Saturday announced our plans for Cork300. The celebrations to take place in 2020 to celebrate the 300th annive… https://t.co/otWm10nsFk 6 months ago
- Massive congratulations to Chris Bateman on winning the Junior Helmsmans trophy this weekend in schull representing… https://t.co/SMhJoGc5vI 6 months ago
- Good luck to Team Royal Cork Yacht Club in the last day of the Rolex New York Yacht Club Invitational Cup 🚩 The T… https://t.co/KCsA2Wh1T2 7 months ago
- Team Royal Cork With a 5th in race 7 of the Invitational Cup in New York - lighter conditions today 7 months ago
- Royal Cork Yacht Club have an impressive day 3 with a 5th and 1st in 22-25 knots of breeze in Newport. All to play… https://t.co/YjjmlnIxeV 7 months ago