This is an announcement from Admiral and Cork300 Chairman, Colin Morehead, regarding cancellations and postponments of Cork300 events planned for June and July.…
Volvo Cork Week 2020 has been cancelled due to the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you to the sailing community, our family and friends worldwide for your support and stay safe as we navigate these uncharted waters.
Following on from our last update on March 15th, you will all be acutely aware that the Coronavirus situation continues to evolve. We want to further assure you that the Cork300 committee is actively monitoring the national and global situation while considering guidance from the Irish Government, HSE, Irish Sailing and other experts. As of now, The Royal Cork Yacht Club is fully committed to the exciting Cork300 schedule of events and is continuing to plan for them.
As sailors, we appreciate the time and expense invested in attending events and we want to assure you that our decision making will be pragmatic in this regard. In these uncertain times we are sensibly planning for a number of scenarios, all …
As the coronavirus situation evolves, we are actively monitoring the national and global situation and taking guidance from the Irish Government, HSE and Irish Sailing. The Royal Cork Yacht Club is fully committed to the exciting Cork300 schedule of events and is continuing to plan for them.
We want to reassure you that we will continue to closely monitor the situation and to review the plans for these events in line with updated health advice and guidance. We will at all times act in the best interests of public health and safety in an effort to play our part in the global efforts to contain the spread of the Coronavirus (Covid19).
Our paramount commitment is to the wellbeing of our …
The Royal Cork Yacht Club will play host to the third running of the Beaufort Cup, an International Inter Service Sailing Regatta open to the Navy, Coast Guard, Army, Airforce, Police and other Rescue Services. The winning crew will again take home the specially commissioned trophy in honour of Sir Francis Beaufort, creator of the Beaufort Scale and €10,000 to be donated to a charity of their choice.
The week long event will begin on Monday 13th July with an Offshore Race which will see crews race from the home of the Irish Naval Service, Haulbowline Island, to the Fastnet Rock and back to Cork Harbour. This will be followed by three exhilarating days of inshore racing concluding on Friday …
Volvo Cork Week 2020 organisers have posted a number of amendments to the Notices of Race for both the ICRA Nationals and the IRC Europeans. The changes to the structure of the event have been made following feedback from competing sailors and the result is a simplified and more inclusive schedule of racing. In simple terms, the amendments are as follows-
Volvo Cork Week competitors may now opt to enter either the ICRA Nationals, the IRC Europeans or both events Both fleets will race together throughout the week on inshore courses with the exception of Wednesday On Wednesday the ICRA fleet will join the other Volvo Cork Week fleets for a Harbour Race and will compete for the prestigious…
- Cork300 Events Impacted By Coronavirus Pandemic March 27, 2020
- Cork300 Update March 19, 2020
- COVID-19 Update March 15, 2020
- BEAUFORT CUP RETURNS TO CORK HARBOUR March 9, 2020
- Volvo Cork Week Amendments Make For Thrilling Schedule March 3, 2020
- Last Saturday announced our plans for Cork300. The celebrations to take place in 2020 to celebrate the 300th annive… https://t.co/otWm10nsFk 10 months ago
- Massive congratulations to Chris Bateman on winning the Junior Helmsmans trophy this weekend in schull representing… https://t.co/SMhJoGc5vI 11 months ago
- Good luck to Team Royal Cork Yacht Club in the last day of the Rolex New York Yacht Club Invitational Cup 🚩 The T… https://t.co/KCsA2Wh1T2 11 months ago
- Team Royal Cork With a 5th in race 7 of the Invitational Cup in New York - lighter conditions today 11 months ago
- Royal Cork Yacht Club have an impressive day 3 with a 5th and 1st in 22-25 knots of breeze in Newport. All to play… https://t.co/YjjmlnIxeV 11 months ago