Like a fine seafood platter, Cork Week dishes up a huge variety of courses and today’s Harbour Race was the centrepiece of a phenomenal week of racing. The entire international fleet racing at Cork Week enjoyed a scenic race in Cork’s historic harbour. The weather may have closed in once again but the myriad of racing boats parading passed Cobh provided a spectacular finale to what has been a very special regatta. In IRC Zero, Piet Vroon’s electric blue Ker 46, Tonnerre de Breskens streaked away right from the start to take line honours by a significant margin. Frank Gerber, mainsheet trimmer, has been a long time member of a […]
Harbour race for all classes today, this race is always a great one for on shore spectators and sailors alike. It really showcases the wonderful resource we have on our doorstep here in Cork. The fleet is just heading out to about 2 miles south of Roches Point for the start of our final race. Live Updates Sponsored by O2 Daunt Square.
The penultimate day of Cork Week will be remembered for some seriously weather, torrential rain overnight continued through the morning and a thick sea fog and a building sea state produced what the Crosshaven locals call ‘proper weather’. With 20 knots of breeze and Atlantic swell, Cork Week’s Race Committee had the option of racing inside Cork Harbour and took it. All classes bar IRC Zero and One were set a windward leeward course inside the safe confines of Cork Harbour but the visibility around the Moonduster mark ensured a tight course. Outside the harbour the big boat fleet managed to get one race in before the front drove through […]
Race one under way: Its windy and wet out here but we are underway on the A Fleets race 1. It’s about 12 to 15 knots with a very confused sea state. IRC 0 are half way up their second upwind leg as I type. I will try to keep you up to date! Live updates sponsored by O2 Daunt Square. It’s a real soft Irish day here at day 4 of Cork Week 2012. All change today for the fleets, changes have been made to the planned courses due to forecasted wind directions. Fleet A will sail a Windward Leeward course south east of Roches point today whilst the fleet B […]
It may be a ‘boutique’ edition of Cork Week but there is a fantastic buzz at the Royal Cork Yacht Club and with the sun bursting through the clouds and a moderate to fresh breeze of 15 – 20 knots, the racing area south of Roches Point was a truly spectacular location for Ireland’s longest running and most prestigious sailing regatta. On today’s Slalom Course, Piet Vroon’s electric blue rocket ship, Tonnerre de Breskens revelled in the conditions, fully pulling the trigger, hitting 18 knots of boat speed. Tonnerre de Breskens romped home in both races by over two minutes. Mike Bartholomew’s Mills 40, Tokoloshe and Jamie McWilliam’s Ker 40, Peninsula Signal 8 […]
- High Performance Charters available for Cork Week 2014 January 25, 2014
- Weather Routing to provide forecasting to Cork Week 2014 January 17, 2014
- Interest grows for Cork Week 2014 January 14, 2014
- Cork Week 2014 Announcement November 6, 2013
- The Final Round up of Results & Images from Cork Week 2012 Prizegiving August 21, 2012
- Seb: Saw The Naildrivers recently in Crane Lane....unre...
- Josh cotter: Great news for the local economy and sailing in co...
- Cork Week 2010 | Royal Cork Yacht Club: [...] you would like to view/download a copy of th...
- Cork Week 2010 | Royal Cork Yacht Club: [...] is now live and can be viewed here. It wa...
- Cork Week 2012 Management Team encouraging participation | Cork Week 2012: [...] REGISTER [...]...
- The now famous "Globe" hangs proudly in the Club restaurant. Check out the full story on the club website.. http://t.co/kFyPJXkCmI 1 day ago
- RBS 6 Nations Ireland v Italy @ 2.30pm in the Club bar, complimentary finger food at half-time. http://t.co/sY5HtV0ghH via @youtube 2 days ago
- After the massive success last weekend of the launch of the newly renamed Globe Restaurant, many of you might be... http://t.co/5xPLpbmCWs 2 days ago
- http://t.co/y0DNrNJO3N Just another day at the office..... http://t.co/OIcECoflP0 3 days ago
- Just another day at the office...... http://t.co/FrodTU9zPb 4 days ago