It may be a ‘boutique’ edition of Cork Week but there is a fantastic buzz at the Royal Cork Yacht Club and with the sun bursting through the clouds and a moderate to fresh breeze of 15 – 20 knots, the racing area south of Roches Point was a truly spectacular location for Ireland’s longest running and most prestigious sailing regatta. On today’s Slalom Course, Piet Vroon’s electric blue rocket ship, Tonnerre de Breskens revelled in the conditions, fully pulling the trigger, hitting 18 knots of boat speed. Tonnerre de Breskens romped home in both races by over two minutes. Mike Bartholomew’s Mills 40, Tokoloshe and Jamie McWilliam’s Ker 40, Peninsula Signal 8 [...]
Its been a wild and exciting day here, we have had some serious wind shifts, sunshine and protests but above all, spectacular sailing! 2 races completed here on the slalom, despite the best efforts of the wind gods to disrupt us. Today is the kind of day that makes Cork Week special! Live updates sponsored by O2 Daunt Square. We have just had a major wind shift to the west here, approx 70 to 90 degrees! IRC zero were fetching towards the windward markbeen race 1 for IRC 0 has been abandoned. The whole course is being lifted and reset as I type. Live updates sponsored by O2 Daunt Square. Race [...]
Please click into this post to download. Amendment 4 to SI’s
Click the picture for today’s video
There was plenty of drama at the second day of racing at Cork Week. The day started with a gentle breeze, which built during the day to provide some electric action and plenty of incidents. With 18 knots of breeze towards the close of play, crew were hiking to the max. and boat handling became a much bigger issue than the previous day. In IRC Zero, Piet Vroon’s Ker 46, Tonnerre de Breskens stamped their authority on the class, scoring two more bullets but it was far from straight forward, the Dutch flier won by both of today’s races on the Trapezoid Course by just a few seconds. “The course [...]
- The Final Round up of Results & Images from Cork Week 2012 Prizegiving August 21, 2012
- The Final Chapter July 13, 2012
- Live Updates: Final Day July 13, 2012
- RACE REPORT DAY FOUR Proper Weather July 12, 2012
- Live Updates: Day 4 July 12, 2012
- Seb: Saw The Naildrivers recently in Crane Lane....unre...
- Josh cotter: Great news for the local economy and sailing in co...
- Cork Week 2010 | Royal Cork Yacht Club: [...] you would like to view/download a copy of th...
- Cork Week 2010 | Royal Cork Yacht Club: [...] is now live and can be viewed here. It wa...
- Cork Week 2012 Management Team encouraging participation | Cork Week 2012: [...] REGISTER [...]...
Follow @royalcork on Twitter