Race one under way: Its windy and wet out here but we are underway on the A Fleets race 1. It’s about 12 to 15 knots with a very confused sea state. IRC 0 are half way up their second upwind leg as I type. I will try to keep you up to date! Live updates sponsored by O2 Daunt Square. It’s a real soft Irish day here at day 4 of Cork Week 2012. All change today for the fleets, changes have been made to the planned courses due to forecasted wind directions. Fleet A will sail a Windward Leeward course south east of Roches point today whilst the fleet B […]
It may be a ‘boutique’ edition of Cork Week but there is a fantastic buzz at the Royal Cork Yacht Club and with the sun bursting through the clouds and a moderate to fresh breeze of 15 – 20 knots, the racing area south of Roches Point was a truly spectacular location for Ireland’s longest running and most prestigious sailing regatta. On today’s Slalom Course, Piet Vroon’s electric blue rocket ship, Tonnerre de Breskens revelled in the conditions, fully pulling the trigger, hitting 18 knots of boat speed. Tonnerre de Breskens romped home in both races by over two minutes. Mike Bartholomew’s Mills 40, Tokoloshe and Jamie McWilliam’s Ker 40, Peninsula Signal 8 […]
Its been a wild and exciting day here, we have had some serious wind shifts, sunshine and protests but above all, spectacular sailing! 2 races completed here on the slalom, despite the best efforts of the wind gods to disrupt us. Today is the kind of day that makes Cork Week special! Live updates sponsored by O2 Daunt Square. We have just had a major wind shift to the west here, approx 70 to 90 degrees! IRC zero were fetching towards the windward markbeen race 1 for IRC 0 has been abandoned. The whole course is being lifted and reset as I type. Live updates sponsored by O2 Daunt Square. Race […]
Please click into this post to download. Amendment 4 to SI’s
Click the picture for today’s video
- Cork Week 2014 Announcement November 6, 2013
- The Final Round up of Results & Images from Cork Week 2012 Prizegiving August 21, 2012
- The Final Chapter July 13, 2012
- Live Updates: Final Day July 13, 2012
- RACE REPORT DAY FOUR Proper Weather July 12, 2012
- Seb: Saw The Naildrivers recently in Crane Lane....unre...
- Josh cotter: Great news for the local economy and sailing in co...
- Cork Week 2010 | Royal Cork Yacht Club: [...] you would like to view/download a copy of th...
- Cork Week 2010 | Royal Cork Yacht Club: [...] is now live and can be viewed here. It wa...
- Cork Week 2012 Management Team encouraging participation | Cork Week 2012: [...] REGISTER [...]...
- RT @gavinroyalcork: Fishermen warned of faults with emergency beacons http://t.co/LwGv9qA6Xo 3 weeks ago retweeted via gavinroyalcork
- RT @vsail: Spectacular footage from French customs airplane of the MOD70's being hammered by 30kts of wind and big waves https://t.co/joWt2… 1 month ago retweeted via vsail
- RT @corkweektweet: Cork Week 2014 Notice of Race - http://t.co/2wKhSQxnR8 1 month ago retweeted via corkweektweet
- RT @corkweektweet: Cork Week 2014 announcement - http://t.co/VSW0QskZLF 1 month ago retweeted via corkweektweet
- Congratulations to David Kenefick, Afloat Sailor of the month from all at the Club - http://t.co/cNLKyoawTH” 1 month ago