85 yachts formed an impressive single starting line for Volvo Cork Week’s signature race in the beautiful surroundings of Cork Harbour. After a General Recall the fleet readied themselves for a Black Flag restart, which was far from conservative, many of the massive starting line up hitting the line on the B of the Bang! A kaleidoscope of spinnakers made for an amazing sight as the fleet entered Cork Harbour for close quarters racing past Spike Island and Cobh. Race Officers Jack Roy and Rob …
Archive | UncategorizedRSS feed for this section
Race organisers collaborate with MaREI Centre for Marine and Renewable Energy and An Taisce’s Clean Coasts Programme to Go Green and Achieve Clean Regattas Certification
Volvo Cork Week, taking place in Crosshaven, County Cork, July 16th – 21st, is proud to announce their collaboration with An Tasice’s Clean Coasts programme and the MaREI Centre for Marine and Renewable Energy at University College Cork as they join the race to restore ocean health with Sailors for the Sea’s Clean Regattas programme.
The ocean is in crisis, every year, 8 million metric tons of plastic enters the ocean from land each year and 40% of the oceans are heavily affected by human activity, including pollution, overfishing and destructive fishing practices, and the …
Volvo Cork Week runs, this year, from Sunday 15th to Saturday 21st July. Over the 40 years of its history, Volvo Cork Week has cemented its reputation as a world class sailing experience, flavoured with the key ingredients of friendly competition, varied sailing and excellent entertainment.
Cork County Council Chief Executive, Mr Tim Lucey said “Cork County Council through our Economic Development Fund is delighted to be a Platinum Sponsor of Volvo Cork Week 2018. I wish to congratulate The Royal Cork Yacht Club on organising this biennial sailing regatta based around Crosshaven and Cork harbour. The strength and appeal of the Cork tourism offering is significant and this event provides an excellent opportunity to highlight what Cork has to …
Winning Team to receive €10,000 for their nominated charity
in a race which welcomes veteran US Marines and Irish Defence Forces
The second ever Beaufort Cup, a race exclusively for teams associated with their national services, will take place at this year’s Volvo Cork Week. Hosted by The Royal Cork Yacht Club, the event invites services from Ireland, Europe and further afield, to compete for the Trophy. Defence Force Teams from a number of countries will compete and also other services such as Police, Fire, Rescue, RNLI and Coastguard service teams.
Following the huge success of the inaugural race in 2016, this year’s competition welcomes an American team made up of former …
Congratulations to the two lucky winners of our Helly Hansen Early Bird offer. Both Jean Francois from Saint Nazaire, France, sailing a Sun Fast 3200 “Hakuna Matata”, and Brian Heffernan from Cork sailing a Dofour gl 365 “Aisling”, will be arriving at Volvo Cork Week in style in their new personalised gear!
All boats that enter before May 1st will avail of 15% discount with the Early Bird entry fee! Don’t delay, hop onboard today!
Enter Volvo Cork Week 2018 here…
Volvo Cork Week 2018 Survey
Book Online to secure your place at one of our social events during Volvo Cork Week 2018
Entertainment Schedule 2018
Click HERE to buy Tickets
Port of Cork
- Volvo Cork Week 2018 awarded Gold Certification by International Clean Regattas Programme September 19, 2018
- Fn’Gr8 the overall winner at Volvo Cork Week July 21, 2018
- Sparkling Cork July 20, 2018
- Spinnaker Festival in Cork Harbour July 19, 2018
- Breeze Arrives at Volvo Cork Week for Incredible Fastnet Race July 17, 2018
- Josh cotter: Great news for the local economy and sailing in co...
- Cork Week 2010 | Royal Cork Yacht Club: [...] you would like to view/download a copy of th...
- Cork Week 2010 | Royal Cork Yacht Club: [...] is now live and can be viewed here. It wa...
- Cork Week 2012 Management Team encouraging participation | Cork Week 2012: [...] REGISTER [...]...
- Cork Week 2012 Management Team encouraging participation | Cork Week 2012: [...] NOTICE OF RACE [...]...
- Great night at the annual Junior Laying Up Supper last night. Well done to Pyewacket Trophy nominees - James Dwyer… https://t.co/60mZTVBEry 2 weeks ago
- Frostbite Race 7 results now live online. https://t.co/sNzv73n10Q 2 weeks ago
- Last day of the Topper and Laser Frostbites @royalcork. Results for race 6 now online. Prizegiving dorectly after… https://t.co/lWpbjVS9EG 2 weeks ago
- Great to see @Seafest_ie returning to Cork for the next three years, 2020 is going to be a busy year in the Harbour… https://t.co/rWyBoeDzDp 1 month ago
- Welcome to all the sailors competing in the Topper and Laser Frostbites 2018. Great to see everyone launching this… https://t.co/qF5xQaOl9D 1 month ago