Key Changes to Cork Week 2014 Preparations for Cork Week 2014 are well underway and the management team has been making plans for Ireland’s longest running and most prestigious regatta. The sailing grounds in Cork Harbour and the Atlantic approaches offer a fantastic variety of sailing and that will never change. However, Anthony O’Leary, Racing Chairman for Cork Week, explains that 2014 will see some changes aimed at substantially reducing cost. “Competitors can expect a variety of courses set in open water, coastal and in the harbour, which should test the crew handling and get just about every sail out of the bag. We are blessed with some superb sailing grounds and we are intent […]
Archive | UncategorizedRSS feed for this section
All results from the individual classes can be found on our results page here. There were some additional prizes also to be awarded at the prize giving these included ‘Boat of the Week’, ’Irish Performance of the week’, ’The Cobh Time Trial’, the ‘Sisk Corinthian Cup’ and the ‘Prix d’Elegance. Winners were up against the competition from the all classes at Cork Week 2012, the competition was fierce and the Race Management Team had a difficult job on their hand. See Table below for winners details. Photo credits: Bob Bateman
Like a fine seafood platter, Cork Week dishes up a huge variety of courses and today’s Harbour Race was the centrepiece of a phenomenal week of racing. The entire international fleet racing at Cork Week enjoyed a scenic race in Cork’s historic harbour. The weather may have closed in once again but the myriad of racing boats parading passed Cobh provided a spectacular finale to what has been a very special regatta. In IRC Zero, Piet Vroon’s electric blue Ker 46, Tonnerre de Breskens streaked away right from the start to take line honours by a significant margin. Frank Gerber, mainsheet trimmer, has been a long time member of a […]
The penultimate day of Cork Week will be remembered for some seriously weather, torrential rain overnight continued through the morning and a thick sea fog and a building sea state produced what the Crosshaven locals call ‘proper weather’. With 20 knots of breeze and Atlantic swell, Cork Week’s Race Committee had the option of racing inside Cork Harbour and took it. All classes bar IRC Zero and One were set a windward leeward course inside the safe confines of Cork Harbour but the visibility around the Moonduster mark ensured a tight course. Outside the harbour the big boat fleet managed to get one race in before the front drove through […]
It may be a ‘boutique’ edition of Cork Week but there is a fantastic buzz at the Royal Cork Yacht Club and with the sun bursting through the clouds and a moderate to fresh breeze of 15 – 20 knots, the racing area south of Roches Point was a truly spectacular location for Ireland’s longest running and most prestigious sailing regatta. On today’s Slalom Course, Piet Vroon’s electric blue rocket ship, Tonnerre de Breskens revelled in the conditions, fully pulling the trigger, hitting 18 knots of boat speed. Tonnerre de Breskens romped home in both races by over two minutes. Mike Bartholomew’s Mills 40, Tokoloshe and Jamie McWilliam’s Ker 40, Peninsula Signal 8 […]
- Cork Week 2014 Announcement November 6, 2013
- The Final Round up of Results & Images from Cork Week 2012 Prizegiving August 21, 2012
- The Final Chapter July 13, 2012
- Live Updates: Final Day July 13, 2012
- RACE REPORT DAY FOUR Proper Weather July 12, 2012
- Seb: Saw The Naildrivers recently in Crane Lane....unre...
- Josh cotter: Great news for the local economy and sailing in co...
- Cork Week 2010 | Royal Cork Yacht Club: [...] you would like to view/download a copy of th...
- Cork Week 2010 | Royal Cork Yacht Club: [...] is now live and can be viewed here. It wa...
- Cork Week 2012 Management Team encouraging participation | Cork Week 2012: [...] REGISTER [...]...
- RT @gavinroyalcork: Fishermen warned of faults with emergency beacons http://t.co/LwGv9qA6Xo 3 weeks ago retweeted via gavinroyalcork
- RT @vsail: Spectacular footage from French customs airplane of the MOD70's being hammered by 30kts of wind and big waves https://t.co/joWt2… 1 month ago retweeted via vsail
- RT @corkweektweet: Cork Week 2014 Notice of Race - http://t.co/2wKhSQxnR8 1 month ago retweeted via corkweektweet
- RT @corkweektweet: Cork Week 2014 announcement - http://t.co/VSW0QskZLF 1 month ago retweeted via corkweektweet
- Congratulations to David Kenefick, Afloat Sailor of the month from all at the Club - http://t.co/cNLKyoawTH” 1 month ago