An Tánaiste, Simon Coveney, TD, launched Ireland’s premiere regatta, Volvo Cork Week, which takes place this year from July 16th to July 21st at the Royal Cork Yacht Club in Crosshaven. Speaking at the launch on Haulbowline Island in Cork Harbour, he said: “It is always a pleasure to be asked to officially launch an event like Volvo Cork Week. Events like this are very important for Ireland, showcasing, as they do, the beautiful marine resource we have, particularly here in Cork Harbour, the second biggest natural harbour in the world. Competition for The Beaufort Cup will see teams from many different national and international defence forces, RNLI, Coast Guard, Welsh and Northern Ireland Police, and other service teams, competing …
Archive | LatestRSS feed for this section
Following the recent announcement of the Volvo Cork Week ‘Super Early Bird’ competition winners who won back their full entry fee for the regatta, event organisers have announced a new enticing deal for those who sign up before March 31st. A very lucky 5% of entries received over the next 8 weeks will receive a crew gear pack, which contains 10 branded Helly Hansen Crew tops personalised with the boat name, and 1 Skipper’s branded Helly Hansen Regatta jacket, also personalised with the boat name.
With a whopping 45 entries before the end of December, and huge international interest, indicators show that Volvo Cork Week is shaping up to be the biggest yet with over 50% of total entries for …
It is with great excitement that Volvo Cork Week announce the lucky 10% of Super Early Bird entries that will receive a full refund on their entry fee for Volvo Cork Week, which will take place in the Royal Cork Yacht Club from the 16th to the 21st of July next, in association with Volvo at Johnson & Perrott Mahonpoint. Off to a winning start are: Colin Galavan and Richard Hayes with CARPE DIUM, Rory Fekke with F’n Gr8, Anthony O’Neill with Tenacious, Joan Mulloy Racing, and John Swan with Harmony.
The event received a whopping 45 entries before the end of December and indicators show that Volvo Cork Week is shaping up to be the biggest and best …
The Yacht Harbour Association (TYHA) have announced the winners of their prestigious NMU Marina of the Year Awards at the London Boat Show. Now in their fifth year, the Awards, sponsored in 2018 by specialist insurer NMU, are voted for by berth holders. They recognise the best of over 160 Gold Anchor accredited marinas from across the globe and the NMU International Marina of the Year 2018 is the Royal Cork Yacht Club in Crosshaven, Co. Cork.
Speaking at the Awards, Gavin Deane, General Manager at the RCYC said, ‘we are delighted to receive such a significant award from TYHA. Having been runners up in the category last year it spurred us on to improve our standards even further over …
- Volvo Cork Week 2020 open for entries November 28, 2019
- Entry to Volvo Cork Week 2020 November 24, 2019
- Volvo Cork Week 2020 … Save the Date August 13, 2019
- Volvo Cork Week 2018 awarded Gold Certification by International Clean Regattas Programme September 19, 2018
- Fn’Gr8 the overall winner at Volvo Cork Week July 21, 2018
- Last Saturday announced our plans for Cork300. The celebrations to take place in 2020 to celebrate the 300th annive… https://t.co/otWm10nsFk 2 months ago
- Massive congratulations to Chris Bateman on winning the Junior Helmsmans trophy this weekend in schull representing… https://t.co/SMhJoGc5vI 2 months ago
- Good luck to Team Royal Cork Yacht Club in the last day of the Rolex New York Yacht Club Invitational Cup 🚩 The T… https://t.co/KCsA2Wh1T2 3 months ago
- Team Royal Cork With a 5th in race 7 of the Invitational Cup in New York - lighter conditions today 3 months ago
- Royal Cork Yacht Club have an impressive day 3 with a 5th and 1st in 22-25 knots of breeze in Newport. All to play… https://t.co/YjjmlnIxeV 3 months ago